Memorial Day weekend is the official "kick off" to the busy season at Grapes and Gourmet. We want to thank everyone - especially our loyal locals - for a great winter. We also want to thank those who we honor on Memorial Day.
We will be tasting some beautiful wines from Vineyard Road, Inc., this Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. As always, tastings are free and open to the 21+ public, and cheese nibbles are provided.
- We will begin summer hours on Saturday, May 27. They are as follows:
Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday/Saturday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- We have fresh baguettes from Middletown's Provencal Bakery Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Qupe Syrah: Certified Demeter Biodynamic and Stellar Organic, this winemaker has committed to treating their land as a self-contained living organism. The results are amazing. This Santa Barabara County syrah is savory and shows notes of tobacco, dried herbs, bitter chocolate and tangy acidity. Approachable and quaffable. Don’t overthink it.
- LuLu Sauvignon Blanc: Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc, LITERALLY only 2,000 cases produced of this hand-harvested varietal. Friendly and fun, this wine shows juicy notes of grapefruit, with subtle grassy notes and soft minerality. Beach Juice.
- Lucinda and Millie Chardonnay: Made with 100% organic chardonnay grapes from two vineyards in Mendocino and Lake counties in California. A family-owned vineyard practicing natural winemaking techniques, Lucinda and Mille makes a crisp, clean chard with notes of pear, golden delicious apple and peach with a gentle touch of spice.
We have a ton of 12-pack cans in for the weekend, which we will be rotating and changing throughout the summer. Please let us know if there is a 12 pack of cans you would like us to carry. This weekend we will have: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Mayflower IPA, Fat Tire, Mayflower Summer Belgian Ale, Bad Martha Summer Ale, Cisco Whale's Tale Pale Ale, Corona, BRAND NEW Thimble Island Session 45, 15 packs of Founder's All Day IPA and variety 12-packs from Foolproof, Goose Island, SixPoint, and Oskar Blues. If you don't see it cold we SHOULD have it in the back of the cooler - don't hesitate to ask! We are active on Untappd, too, so please check out our menu.